Project Description

The history of zhongshan eye center of sun yat-sen university (the affiliated eye hospital of sun yat-sen university) can be traced back to the ophthalmic medical department founded by American missionary doctor Peter Parker in 1835 — the earliest western hospital in China.In 1953, the school of medicine of sun yat-sen university and the school of medicine of lingnan university merged to form south China medical college.In 1954, the department of ophthalmology of guanghua medical college was incorporated into the ophthalmology teaching and research group of south China medical college.In 1956, the south China medical college was renamed guangzhou medical college, and the ophthalmology teaching and research group was renamed guangzhou medical college.In 1957, it was renamed the ophthalmology teaching and research group of zhongshan medical university.On this basis, in October 1965, professor Chen yaozhen and professor MAO wenshu established the eye hospital of zhongshan medical university, which is the first affiliated eye hospital of Chinese universities.In June 1983, zhongshan ophthalmic center of zhongshan medical university was established, which consists of eye hospital, eye research institute and office for the prevention and treatment of blindness. It is the first modern multi-functional ophthalmic center in China that integrates medical treatment, teaching, scientific research, prevention and treatment of blindness.1985 it was renamed zhongshan eye center of sun yat-sen medical university;In 1997, the department of ophthalmology and optometry of sun yat-sen medical university was officially established.In October 2001, with the merger of sun yat-sen university and sun yat-sen medical university, it was renamed as sun yat-sen eye center of sun yat-sen university.